Five Statistics that Underscore the Need for Disaster Recovery Planning
Do you have a disaster recovery plan?
If you do, when was the last time you tested your disaster recovery plan?
Are you aware that there are ways to test your disaster recovery plan?
Disasters don't announce themselves ahead of time. We can only plan for their inevitability. A quality, well tested disaster recovery (DR) plan protects your organization's ability to recover from a disaster. The following unsettling stats help underscore the importance of solid DR planning.
5 Statistics about Disaster Recovery
1. 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster
2. 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups
3. 77% of companies that test their tape backups found tape backup failures
4. 23% of companies experience malware attacks (most common threat)
5. 70% of unplanned outages are due to hardware failures
These statistics might seem terrifying but hopefully, they make you think hard about your DR plan.
Here's another positive statistic: 96% of companies with a testable DR plan survive ransomware attacks. A solid DR plan, well-tested and well-communicated, doesn't have to be a scary thing. This is your best protection for any kind of disaster. Don't go it alone.
Jerry Nelson is CTO at Beyond Impact. He is instrumental in understanding client pains,
finding sustainable solutions, and navigating an ever changing technology landscape.
He is a strong partner for business and technology. Usually he's found riding a motorcycle.
Download our Disaster Recovery Planning eBook here:
More Disaster Recovery Blogs: